Saturday 14 August 2010

When in Rome.

Who knew scheduled posts were a lot harder to write than normal ones?
Photobucket
Dress - H&M
Teapot necklace - Topshop
Big stone ring - gift

I decided that although I used to go weeks without posting, to leave you all alone for five days would be cruel. So while I'm enjoying Rome, you  can enjoy a few little pictures. I'm really happy with these pictures, they actually don't make me squirm when I look at them. They make me smile. :)
If you ignore my baby knees. Which I do. They look like baby faces. Little baby demons.
Maybe it's because I'm so in love with this dress? A lot of bloggers have it in the black and white striped print, but this floral was just too pretty. I might buy the other one as well, that's how good it makes me feel. And for such a self esteem boost, it wasn't too pricey either.
I used to save up all my money to buy one piece from Topshop, usually a pretty dress, and then find I had nothing to wear apart from three or four pretty dresses. Lately I've been buying more versatile pieces, things that work together and now I find it so much easier to find outfits I like. Neutrals and muted tones as well as gorgeous bright coloured patterns have really helped bring my wardrobe together. Basics are my best friends right now.

Well I might as well use this time wisely by asking a few things of you.

I love my followers, I love that I have followers and I love that the amount of followers I have grows. But I feel as if I don't know any of you! I really would like to know you all better so, if you would like to, leave a comment telling me about yourself or send me a quick email! I love getting them!

And another little thing, I'm not really happy with my blog name. It doesn't feel right to me. Maybe because it's taken from a song, it doesn't feel like my own. I was considering changing it to "Lily and the Glorious". I like how it sounds, it's more personal and I love the word glorious. What do you think?

Sorry for the loooooong post and I hope you are all having lovely summers (or winters)!

love lily x

10 comments:

  1. i was wondering how long it would be before i found another fashion blogger in cambridge and now it looks like ive found one! with good taste by the looks of it too - i have the same dress haha. i know what you mean about it making you feel good - i have the stripy one too! its so comfy and easy. ive had a good old nosey through your blog, i love your brown satchel and yellow nails, oh and is that flowery stuff behind you your bedding? if it is where is it from! i need it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love H&M for their gorgeous, wonderously cheap dresses. This one looks really good on you (:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat een mooi kleedje! je zou denken dat het vintage is, helemaal niet h&m-like :) liefs

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry, that was in dutch hahaha :D I said: what a lovely dress, you would think it's vintage, not at all h&m-like ;) love

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a laverly time in roma dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the dress, so cute!! and you have a great blog(: i like lily and the glorious, it sounds cool and especially if itd make the blog feel more your own...it's your space, and you should make it your home(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is gorgeous!

    Just came across your blog! It is lovely!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was gonna buy that dressss! i think you may have just convinced me to get it :)
    your blog is lovely, and 'lily and the glorious' sounds unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fingernail polish is VERY chic and love the outfit! Just found your blog:)

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wish i had a topshop here!

    cute outfit <3

    zahira-sirena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOU!
please come back again?