Thursday 19 August 2010

honey I'm home.

I'm not even going to apologise for the tackyness of the title, I resisted putting it as my facebook status but if I can't show my love for tacky lines here then where can I?
I got back from Rome on Tuesday and since then I have just been catching up on blogs and watching America's Next Top Model. The thrills.
Rome was, as some of you may know, absolutely breathtaking. The second I entered the city my jaw literally dropped, it was so beautiful. I can't even describe it, but everything was amazing. I'll probably do a post about it in a day or so, once I've looked through the holiday pictures and found some acceptable ones to post. At the moment the English weather is really not making me want to sort through pictures of myself basking in the sunshine and just general lush weather. I'm not bitter about it or anything, though.
Ooh, "Rome" by Yeasayer just came on spotify, isn't that funny. :)

These pictures are from yesterday, when I felt so adventurous that I trekked down to the practically abandoned end of my garden for some more exciting pictures. I've posted this dress before in a similar way but I was in a gloomy mood so I just wanted to wear an old favourite.  And I love the colour of the dress with the colour of the cardigan. I actually love it.
Photobucket
These pictures are alright, yes? I would feel proud to put them on lookbook, I think. If I had a lookbook.
Dress - Topshop
Cardigan - H&M
Belt - Charity Shop
Socks - My dad's Tintin ones ( he has many )
Shoes - Primark
Photobucket
In case you wanted a view of the socks in all their glory.


A little round up of my first proper "shoot". Where my "tripod" was a bench and an old plank of wood.

love lily

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. I decided to change the blog name. I'm much happier with it now. Glorious.

9 comments:

  1. sounds like rome was beautiful :D i know what you mean about looking through holiday pictures - slightly depressing ha! i love that outfit and the whole colour scheme, you've given me some ideas of what to wear my brogues with now :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this look very much, and the belt looks amazing on the dress ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's a h&m (divided), so easy to get one yourself!xx

    and your socks are cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the belt! it is cute with the dress!

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. really beautiful outfit ;)

    http://fashionsmajlik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOU!
please come back again?