Sunday 21 February 2010

sunday blues.

I have that horrible "last sunday of the holidays" feeling and I must say it is bringing me down and making me lazy and sad. And with school everyday I can kiss goodbye these regular outfit photos & go back to forgetting to post for weeks & weeks. I'll try to fight it, I promise.

Please forgive how ridiculously dim I look in these pictures, it was about midnight when they are taken which is far to late for my little child's brain. But I have found this to be a much better place for photos, the light is better and the many shelves make for good camera positioning.
I am so in love with this belt it's a little unreal. I borrowed it from my daddy & it's made of a horse's bridle (!!!!!!!) so every time I put it on or take it off it makes the lovely clicky clacky sound just like untacking a horse! That might not be so exciting if you aren't a fellow horse rider, but for me it is so nice and familiar.
Birthday shoes are the loveliest.
This is the best picture I could get, but it still isn't great. If you can't see, it's a tiny branch with a little bird hanging from it - it really is ever so sweet and precious.

On Friday I spent the day in London, mostly at my favourite museum (and possibly place) in the whole world - the Victoria and Albert! The V&A is so perfect and pretty and always feels just like home. Of course I mainly stray towards the fashion section because I simply love to stare at vintage Chanel & Victorian day dresses but I could happily spend hours and hours wandering through all the exhibits. One of the main reasons I would adore living in London is I would always be able to, as often as I liked and whenever boredom took me I could hop on a bus and browse the museums and all the others things that are just there to be explored.
While at the V&A, before nibbling on a yummy piece of carrot cake, I picked up these charming little earrings from the shop for the tiny sum of £4! How delightful.

I promise the sailor coat will be up here before the week is over, because I am a nice blogger.
love from Lily xxxx

P.S. Thank you all ever so much for the comments I have received lately, they all make me smile an awful lot.

14 comments:

  1. I have earrings that are practically identical to those, I wear them all the time, and I like that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff, those scissor earrings are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute, love all the expressions. great docs too! boy, do those things take me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cute stuff, I especially love your boots and earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The v&a is my absolute favourite! glad you enjoyed the zine.
    and my mum makes all those odd denim dogs and bears!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur cardi is so cute! and i'm obsessed with ur docs :)))

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice docs!!
    thanks for the lovely blog comment xxx

    http://thebeautifullydamned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your docs!
    I followed your blog, can you please check mine and follow back if you like it?

    www.redheelpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove the flowered docs!!!
    Check out my blog
    http://cactusfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your docs! They are amazing! I am following now, I would be more than happy if you like my blog and follow me back!

    Kisses, Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  11. That necklace is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOU!
please come back again?